Local Leaders Program
The Online Food Literacy Educator Training Program is designed to give educators, health counselors, physicians, and community leaders/activists the skills and support necessary to implement a Food Literacy Education Program that uses food literacy and cooking to connect youth to the topics of nutrition, health, and the environment. While the curriculum has been designed for youth ages 12-18, the open-platform design of the program allows it to be successfully adapted to both younger and older audiences.
The Online Food Literacy Educator Training Program is based on an experiential education curriculum that centers around 7 different modules with associated learning areas that support US National Learning Standards.
These modules include:
Individuals are encouraged to apply to this truly unique program that will connect you to an international network of like-minded leaders working in their communities to create change at the local level.
- Application Period: November, 25th 2013-March 7th 2014 (Late applications accepted on case-by-case basis)
- Application Period has closed for the Spring Session. Sign up for our newsletter to be notified about the upcoming Summer Training details but you can apply online via the link above
- Acceptance letters and scholarship notification: March 11th 2014
- Program Dates: Spring March 17th-April 30th 2014 Summer Mid-July to Mid-August
- Program Fee: $195
- Full and Partial Financial and Merit-based scholarships are available via the application process above
Are you interested in having The Cookbook Project come to you? We also run On-site Local Leaders Training Programs:
View Local Leaders Map in a larger map
Thank YOU for your interest in joining the global grassroots CBP movement, Saving Lives One Recipe at a time!