Local Leaders Program
The Online Local Leaders Training Program is designed to give educators, health counselors, physicians, and community leaders/activists the skills and support necessary to implement a Health Education Program that uses food culture and cooking to connect youth to the topics of nutrition, health, and the environment. While the curriculum has been designed for youth ages 12-18, the open-platform design of the program allows it to be successfully adapted to both younger and older audiences.
The Online Local Leaders Training Program is based on an experiential education curriculum that centers around 7 different modules with associated learning areas that support US National Learning Standards.
These modules include:
Individuals are encouraged to apply to this truly unique program that will connect you to an international network of like-minded individuals working in their communities to create change at the local level.
- Application Period Opens: Monday November, 25th 2013
- Application Deadline: EXTENDED until March 6th 2014
- Acceptance letters and scholarship notification: March 7th 2014
- Program Dates: March and April 2014 (exact dates TBD)
- Program Fee: $195
- Full and Partial Financial and Merit-based scholarships are available via the application process above
Are you interested in having The Cookbook Project come to you? We also run On-site Local Leaders Training Programs:
View Local Leaders Map in a larger map
Thank YOU for your interest in joining the global grassroots CBP movement, Saving Lives One Recipe at a time!